New Faculty Adviser Comes to The Collegian Staff

Ted Daniels’ career as a journalist spanned the transition of the newspaper industry from exclusively print to a multi-platform digital environment. He retired in 2019 after his second stint as editor of the Ashland Times-Gazette and Wooster Daily Record. In between, Daniels served as editor of Mansfield News Journal Media. He previously was editor and general manager of the Times-Gazette from 2001-2015, during which time the T-G was regularly recognized as one of the best newspapers of its size in Ohio. 

Prior to returning to edit his hometown paper in Ashland, Daniels worked at The Indianapolis Star for 23 years, serving in a variety of senior editing positions, including managing editor. The Star won numerous national awards during that period, including a Pulitzer Prize in 1991. His first job was as a reporter for The Chronicle-Telegram in Elyria, Ohio, after graduating in 1977 from Ohio Wesleyan University, where he was editor of the student newspaper. 

He has also taught Digital Media Management at AU in 2015 and done several freelance publishing projects since retiring. Currently, he is President of the Rotary Club of Ashland.

Daniels is a graduate of Loudonville High School. He and his wife, Kathy, live in Ashland and have two children and seven grandchildren.

Daniels will lead The Collegian staff in the publication’s 101st year. (SUBMITTED)